This article will walk you through how you can block your Zenith Bank ATM card if misplaced, stolen or damaged.
No doubt restricting access to the misplaced or stolen ATM card should be the next on your mind but might be thinking it’s way to stressful as you might need to visit a Zenith Bank branch before you can get that done.
Worry no more as you can get this done without even having to step out of your home. All you need for any of this steps is your mobile phone, phone number linked to your Zenith Account and internet connection then you’re good to go.
We all know how important our ATM card is and how it can affect us negatively if gotten into the wrong hands. The few steps below will guide you on how you can successfully block your Zenith Bank card in couple of minutes.
We will go through several methods you can use to block a Zenith ATM card of any type be it MasterCard, Verve or Visa, any of these procedures should prevent your card being used for fraudulent activities and avoid lost of funds.
How to Block a Zenith Bank ATM Card
There are three major ways to block a Zenith bank ATM card which we will walk you through below starting from the easiest to the most tasking of them all.
1. Via USSD Code
This is far the easiest way to either your Zenith Bank ATM Card or to suspend all financial transactions anytime you suspect a foul-play on your account
All you need to achieve this using this method is only your Phone number linked to your Zenith Bank account. Follow the procedures below on how to get this done.
- Go to your dial-pad and dial *966*60#
- Make sure it’s dialed on your phone number linked to your Zenith account
- Select option “6” to block your ATM card
- If you also want to suspend all financial transactions on your account then dial *966*60# and select option “1“.
2. Using Zenith Bank Mobile App
Follow the step by step guide below to restrict access to your Bank card via Zenith Bank mobile app
- Launch the Zenith mobile app, sign in then click on the menu at the top left corner of the app
- Select Cards then toggle the button beside Active to deactivate the linked ATM card
- Now you have successfully deactivated your ATM card
In cases in which you haven’t been registered for USSD or Mobile banking or any of the two and unfortunately you can’t access the other then this last method will definitely be of help even though it’s a bit tasking
3. Using the Zenith bank customer support
This method involves you to contact their support via any of the medium below to get your Zenith ATM block in the space of 5 minutes of contacting them.
Support Phone Numbers:
- ZenithDirect: 234(1) 4647000, 2787000, 2927000 or 0700-ATM-ZENITH,
- ATM Unit: 0700-286-936484 or 0700-CARD-ZENITH (Highly recommended)
- CARD Unit: 0700-2273-936484, Fax: 234(1) 2618212
Official Social Handles:
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/Zenithbank/
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/zenithbank (Highly recommended)
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/zenithbank
Contact Email Address:
Blocking your Zenith ATM card doesn’t take up to 5minutes depending on whichever method you use.
Note: Blocking your Zenith Bank ATM card doesn’t require you to reach the bank however, you will have to do so before you can get it unblocked.