This article will show you the step by step guide on how to block your Access bank ATM card if misplaced or stolen to prevent fraudulent activities.
Blocking your Access Bank ATM should be the first on your mind anytime you misplaced your card as it can be used to wipe out your account balance.
Our ATM cards play an important role such as the day-to-day cash transactions (deposits, withdrawals, checking balance, money transfer, online payments etc.) which gives it more reason to be kept safely
There are three (3) ways in which you can block your ATM card instantly if stolen, lost or damaged. Moreover these are simple ways and they’re less time consuming.
Listed below are the few steps you must take in other to block your Access Bank ATM card and fortunately, these are simple steps that won’t require lots of effort
How to Block an Access Bank ATM Card
These are important steps you must take to prevent your Bank Account from being used for fraudulent activities even before visiting the Bank to request a new ATM card.
Listed below are the various ways in which you can block your Access Bank ATM card
1. Blocking Your Access Bank Card Via USSD Code
This is one of the easiest method to block your Access Bank ATM card. Follow the instructions below to successfully block your card.
- Go to your dial-pad and dial *901*11#
- Make sure the above code is dialed on the phone number linked to your Access Bank Account
- Provide your bank registration phone number
- Input your Access Bank USSD PIN and submit
- Once done then you have successfully blocked your damaged, stolen or lost Access Bank ATM card
2. Blocking Via Access Bank Mobile App
This method requires your Access Bank Mobile Banking App and active data connection and blocking is done instantly
- Launch Access Bank Mobile Banking App
- Sign in your Access Bank Account
- Head to the Cards & Cheques > Manage Cards > Block.
- Select an account to block, enter your PIN or Token number to successfully block the card linked to the account.
3. Blocking Via Customer Service
This is the third option available for use if you could not get through with the first two above. This method will involve you chatting their support Agents up and ask them to block your ATM card
Provide them will necessary details but NOT YOUR PIN as they won’t even ask your for it. Below are several ways in which you can simply contact Access Bank Customer care agents.
- +234 1 733 2000
- +234 1 280 2500
- +234 1- 2712005- 7 (For card queries and inquiries)
- 0700 22552 22377 (0700CALLACCESS)
Social Media Handles (Official)
- Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/AccessBankPLC
- Twitter Page: www.twitter.com/@myaccessbank or twitter.com/@Accessbank_help (Highly recommended)
Contact Email Address
Access Bank Website
NOTE: Blocking of your ATM will not take up to 5 minutes depending on which of the methods above you used but unblocking it will definitely require you to visit the bank.
That’s all on how to block your Access Bank ATM card to prevent all sorts of fraudulent activities that might take place.